Thursday, October 11, 2012

Squash, Veggies and Beef Casserole

Squash and Beef Casserole

This sounded so good and I was a little disappointed that I THOUGHT this was 'healthy' just because it was veggies. I mean, to me it is unhealthy because I am watching my carb intake. Only to find out later that I have EATEN so much of this and bloated. Well, I can't blame the food. It was very good.


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb acorn squash
1 Package Frozen Mixed vegetables, steamed
1 Cup chopped onions
1 Cup chopped green peppers
1 lb Lean ground beef
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Can cream of chicken
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp pepper
1 Cup Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven at 350*F


Cook squash and onion in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.


Cook green pepper and meat until it is no longer pink. Blend eggs, soup, sour cream, and seasonings.
Stir into meat mixture.


Mix squash and steamed vegetables in a separate container.


Pour in the meat mixture and mix.



Turn into greased shallow casserole.



Top with cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Serves 8.


This recipe was adapted from WWW.Cooks.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings