Saturday, October 13, 2012

Low Carb Spiced Chicken Thighs

Spiced Chicken Thighs
Ever since I started this low carb lifestyle thing, I have been a little obsessed with looking for recipes that I can use for this special diet.

Right now, I am really lagging behind with all my blog posts, I still have more than 10 recipes that needs to be uploaded. With all these things going on around me, I hope I can finish it all this week. Sometimes I wonder where the time goes, it seems there is too little of it left at the end of the day.

Here goes the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

5 Chicken Thighs
2 Tsp Garlic powder
2 Tsp mustard powder
1 Cup chicken stock (I used a Knorr chicken bullion cube even if it is high on sodium because of availability, I have yet to learn how to make a homemade chicken stock)
1 Tsp onion powder
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp Black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil


DIRECTIONS:


1. In a bowl, mix all the spices together.


2. Liberally season both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.


3. In a frying pan, heat oil in a medium-high heat. Pan-sear the chicken thighs for 5-8 minutes on each side.

4. Add the chicken stock and reduce heat to medium low. Cover the pan and cook chicken through.



5. When chicken is cooked through, remove chicken from the pan and serve with your preferred dish.

I served this together with salad greens in ranch seasoning and croutons. Enjoy!

This recipe has been adapted from Living Low Carb...One Day at a Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings