Monday, October 15, 2012

Chickie-Shrimp in Mixed Green Bean Stir-Fry

Chickie-Shrimp in Mixed Green Bean Stir-Fry

I rarely cook vegetables that requires stir-fry because I prefer them baked, blanched, steamed or anything on that level. BUT since this looks so good and I had everything as well, I decided to take it into consideration, which I didn't regret and I WILL definitely cook it again. A MUST TRY!

 Always bear in mind that if it is STIR-FRY recipe, prepare all the ingredients together so you can cook faster to retain all the flavors. Always cook them when the oil is already hot, but not to the extend where it is almost smoking or burning.


 INGREDIENTS:

1/2 lb frozen or fresh shrimp, shells removed and deveined
1 Pk 10 oz frozen green beans (Follow instructions on how to defrost at the back of the package)
1/2 Pk Mixed vegetables
1 5-6 0z. Chicken breast, cooked and cut into strips ( I used a leftover)
1 Tsp garlic, minced
1 Pc, medium tomato, cut into a half inch
1 pc onion, chopped
2 strips green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 Cup chicken stock  or salt and pepper to taste.



DIRECTIONS:


1. In a preheated skillet, saute garlic, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes.



2. Stir fry chicken meat for 3 minutes or until brown. In this case I used a left-over I just adjusted the cooking time for a minute or two.



3. Add the vegetables and cover the skillet until vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally. (since I used frozen and just steamed them up, I stir-fried them for 3-5 minutes). Add the chicken boullion or salt and pepper for seasoning.

Add the shrimps only when the vegetables are cooked through and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.


This recipe was adapted from Inday's Kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this chickie in mixed grean bean Shrimp Stir Fry. I like it and I want to cook it so taht I can serve it to my family and friends. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Dose of Cravings