Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Shrimp

Parmesan Crusted Shrimp

Ahhh, the shrimp. This is also one of those dishes that I made for my sister's birthday. Sadly, it didn't last very long. It almost didn't made its presence at the dinner table. I don't know if the cooking is really that good (Can you sense some false humility there?) or they just really like shrimps. Aherm.


Maybe I cooked a lot less in quantity good for four people. I think...

Anyways, this is crunchy, cheesy and yummy. The dipping sauce? I just made that straight from my imagination. At that moment I thought that it would taste good. Well, they sold me our for the dipping sauce, I don't think I need to say more.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1b. frozen or fresh shrimps, shelled & deveined, tails preserved
1 Cup All purpose flour
1 Tsp garlic powder
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Corn Flake Crumbs
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tsp butter




 DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine the flour, pepper, and salt in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine the egg and garlic powder. In a third bowl, add the corn flake crumbs. 

2. Dredge each shrimp into the bowl of flour, coating evenly. 



3. Dip shrimp into the egg mixture.






4. Generously, coat each shrimp with the crumbs and set aside.





5. In a preheated skillet, add the butter and oil. Fry the shrimp over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Overcooking leads to a rubbery texture of the shrimp.





6. In a baking dish/container, sprinkle the shrimps with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Place in a preheated oven at 375*F for 5 minutes.


7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I served that with mayonnaise mixed with sweet chili dipping sauce.


This recipe was adapted and modified from www.ourgreatrecipes.com


Check out the other dishes I made together with this recipe:

Baked Spaghetti with Cream of Mushroom

Asparagus Salad

Ranch Chicken Skewers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings