Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ranch Chicken Skewers - Low carb recipe!

Ranch Chicken Skewers

I wonder why is it that when I cook something from a recipe, it doesn't come out and looks exactly the way I followed it to the letter. Just like this one. I can't say it taste bad because it was literally so good that I was holding myself down not to finish all of it.


It's just that the picture of this from the blog I saw it was VERY pretty and appealing. At least to me. Anyway, I prepared this one as one of the dishes for my sister's birthday. I'm glad they all liked it. So you can share it as well.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
2 Tbsp dry ranch seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Cup chicken stock
Skewers, soak for 1 hour in water

DIRECTIONS:

For the marinade:

1. Mix the olive oil and the ranch seasoning. Add the chicken and the marinade mix to a plastic storage bag like ziploc and mix, making sure that the chicken is completely coated or covered with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

2. In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat and pan-sear the chicken for 4 minutes on all sides. Reduce heat and then add 1/2 cup of chicken stock, cover the pan and cook the chicken through.

3. Remove the chicken and keep warm. Add the remaining stock and allow to cook for 5 minutes until the pan has reduced. Serve the pan gravy over the chicken. (This last part here I didn't follow because I don't really need the gravy for it. )


 My other dishes for my sister's dinner:



This recipe was adapted from Living Low Carb...One day at a time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings