Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baked Spaghetti with Cream of Mushroom

Baked Spaghetti with Cream of Mushroom

When I made this spaghetti for my sister's birthday, the noodles were a little undercooked and I can't throw it away because I already put everything in it. Stupid huh? I was assuming that it was already one, and I was also preparing and cooking other dishes as I was doing this.



 Lame excuse. So, I was looking for some ways to save it and I thought that I can use some water and then bake it. Ew, but then I saw the cream of mushroom and decided to make use of it. The outcome was just pure heaven and mouth watering!!! You are in for a ride with this one. This is also great for leftovers. I like mine cold.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. ground turkey
8 0z. Spaghetti noodles
1 Cup pizza blend cheese, grated
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
1 Can tomato sauce
1 Small can tomato paste
1 Medium onion, chopped
2 Tsp garlic, minced
Salt and pepper 
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 Cup water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to instructions. Set aside in a baking dish.

2. Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic, and onion. Once the garlic has brown and onion has caramelized, add the turkey and cook until they no longer are pink.

3. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Let boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.

4. Preheat oven at 350*F

5. Divide the noodles in half, keep the other half in a separate container. Pour in each half of the tomato sauce into the spaghetti noodles and mix thoroughly.

6. Pour half of the cream of mushroom and top it off with half of the grated pizza blend cheese, cover with the remaining noodles and top with mozzarella cheese. Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Halfway sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Serve with Garlic bread if preferred. Serves 6-8.

Check out the other dishes I made together with this recipe:


Asparagus Salad
Ranch Chicken Skewers

Parmesan Crusted Shrimp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings