Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Broccoli Chicken Potato Parmesan

Broccoli Chicken Potato Parmesan

This is a new recipe that I found on the internet, and I was curious to try it out. I just wanted to find something to do with the frozen cooked chicken breast nuggets my child won't eat. AND this was a GREAT IDEA! After adding some twist to that boring old nugget, my child did ate everything on his plate.

It was really creamy and tasty. I still have some of those nuggets left and I can't wait to try this out again. Maybe without the potatoes though, because I don't want to eat them.

For the ingredients, I always try to substitute the ingredients to make them healthier by choice, so my family and I can still eat them without worrying so much about the risk factors.


  So here's the recipe for you:

INGREDIENTS:

2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Pcs medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
1 Can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Mushroom condensed soup
1/2 Cup milk
1/4 Tsp garlic powder
2 Cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
1/2 Package Fully Cooked Chicken breast nuggets
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, and cover. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes.


2. When done with the potatoes, stir in the soup, milk, garlic powder, broccoli and chicken into the skillet. Add the cheese and cook until boiling. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.



3. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir. Cook for additional 3 minutes. Serve hot.




This recipe was adapted from Cambell's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings