Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ginisang talong sa alamang - Sauteed eggplant in shrimp paste

Ginisang talong sa alamang - Sauteed eggplant in shrimp paste

November became a budget month for me. Times are tough and so is my budget, but that doesn't stop me from serving healthy meals even on a tight budget. I still stay low carb and that's most important.

I am sharing this Filipino dish that I really liked, this is very good if you are fond of Asian recipes. I like the salty taste of this recipe.



INGREDIENTS:

1 pc large eggplant, sliced into cubes
2 pcs pork loin chops,cubed
1 pc roma tomato, cubed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 tbsp shrimp paste (can be bought in Asian stores)
1 tbsp olive oil (or oil of your choice)
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oil in preheated skillet, saute the garlic until slightly brown, add the onion and cook until transparent. Add the tomatoes. Add the pork, cook until brown, add the eggplants. Stir and mix. Add the shrimp paste and mix thoroughly. Cook until the pork is cooked through.

Can be served with rice or 'riced' cauliflower.

Serves 4-6.

2 comments:

  1. You'd never know it was a budget meal from looking at it! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! You should try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Dose of Cravings