Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pork Roast

Pork Roast
So, being able to stumble upon a great sale day at our local food market here, I just couldn't resist NOT to buy this HUGE pork roast at .89 c/lb, hence, the picture.

I have so many ideas that would go great with the pork roast, but I decided to cook it as simple as that in the picture because I wanted to learn how to cook it perfectly, not overdone.

I am glad I took the risk and went ahead, with just a rub for ingredients, the outcome was awesome! It was juicy, flavorful and tender.

There is a definite encore of this recipe in the future (when all of it is gone).


INGREDIENTS:

2 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 cayenne

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven @350*F

Generously spread the rub on pork meat.

Place pork roast in foil covered baking pan. When temperature reaches 145*, let rest for 3 minutes and serve. If you want to cook it a little bit more, it won't hurt. That was my preference.

It was a bit too big for my family, we've had it for a week. I made sandwiches, salads, cooked it again, to name a few. Otherwise, bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. You have onion powder listed twice. Is there another ingredient that should have been listed instead of the 2nd onion powder?

    ReplyDelete

Daily Dose of Cravings