|No Pasta Lasagna|
I love everything pasta, but ever since I started following the low carb lifestyle, I tend to avoid anything that has heavy carb contents. BUT this? I never knew that it was possible to eat pasta without the PASTA itself!
I am glad that I found this recipe, because now I can make them anytime and eat without the guilt. I carry enough baggage already to add more of guilt.
The creator of this dish was right, it is indeed easy but takes time to do so. Don't be scared with all the ingredients it asks, because in the end it will all be worth it. You won't even notice the difference that the REAL PASTA isn't there.
I used a 9x13 baking dish for this one. AND make sure to use parchment paper, this is to avoid the 'noodle' sticking up. Mine did because I used wax paper, but I just turned it upside down and stripped the paper after it has cooled down.
For the SAUCE
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce (I used Mezzetta roasted garlic)
3/4 Cup milk ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp onion, minced
1 Tsp Italian seaoning
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp dried basil
For the NOODLES:
4 oz Cream cheese
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 Tsp garlic powder
1/8 Tsp onion powder
1/4 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat oven @375*F
2. Spray the 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line it with the parchment paper. Also spray the paper with the non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and eggs. I used a food mixer to make sure it blended well.
4. Mix all the spices and add the Parmesan cheese and stir thoroughly. Stir in the mozzarella cheese until all the ingredients are all blended well.
5. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into the baking dish and spread around evenly.
6. Place on the middle rack and bake for 25 minutes. For a crispier crust, leave it in the oven a little bit longer, but make sure it doesn't burn.
7. When done baking, let the 'noodle' cool down on a rack without the dish but with the parchment paper. Once cooled, use the spatula to slide under the crust and loosen it from the parchment paper and place it back on the baking dish.
1. Preheat oven to 400*F
3. Remove the excess fat from the pan, then add 1 cup of marinara sauce and basil to the meat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Pour 1/4 cup marinara sauce into the baking dish and spread it until the bottom of the dish is covered. Place the first layer of your 'noodle' on top of the sauce.
5. Layer the noodle with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture. On top of the ground beef, layer it with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese.Repeat process twice with the last of the ground beef is covered with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with Italian seasoning.
That's it. I promise you that it will be very good that everything is worth it.
Serves 6. 5.30 net carbs per serving.
This recipe has been adapted from Peace, Love and Low Carb