Friday, November 30, 2012

Chicken Liver saute

Chicken Liver Saute
My, my, November has come and gone along with my cooking. It turned out that November was pretty much the busiest, and to say the least, the most stressful month so far this year. I had so many things to do and accomplish! There's the full-time job of looking for a full-time job, driving practice, interviews, and the last and final league of all these craziness, the driving test! Wish me luck. All these activities made me prepare and eat sodium-packed food. Not that I am complaining.



So when I got the chance to cook, this was the first recipe I had in mind. I just love chicken livers. Considering that when I was small, I used to hate it with all my heart. You can do so many things with chicken livers. You can saute them in soy sauce, mash them, grill them...grilled chicken livers is my favorite, but my son can't eat anything yet that's too dry, I mixed it with vegetables. It's a quick and easy recipe. I'm glad that he liked it.

Here's the recipe for you guys;

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups Chinese cabbage
1 1/2 cup chicken livers, cut into quarters
1 pc roma tomato, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. Pour oil in a preheated  skillet, add the garlic, then onions. Cook until transparent. Add tomatoes, stir and cook for 3 minutes.  Add water, bring to a boil. Add the vegetable, cook for 5 minutes covered. Add the chicken livers. Cover until nearly done. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings