Saturday, November 3, 2012

Low Carb - Cauliflower "Rice"




Cauliflower "rice"


The start of November is kind of lousy for me, I haven't been cooking much, and I haven't been uploading my long-waiting-on-the-list recipes. That doesn't mean that I will stop cooking, discovering and sharing new recipes, though.  I still have a long way to go for my goal, and I kind of like what I am getting myself into.


When I started my quest for low carb diet, I need to find foods that will substitute my cravings for rice. Luckily, I found this cauliflower "rice" recipe, and it is closest to heaven that I can find, so far I am not complaining. This is a very versatile recipe, you can mash them, "rice" them, prepare them like a salad or a mashed potato. The choice is yours. As I've said, it's versatile.

INGERDIENTS:

1 Medium sized cauliflower head
3 Green onions, chopped
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook the cauliflower in any way you want. Steam it or boil it in water until it is fork tender. Any way works. When it is already cooked, drain water and transfer in a bowl and mash it with fork until it looks like rice.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Serve with your favorite meat.


This recipe has been adapted from Peace, Love and Lowcarb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings