Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Salt and Pepper Shrimp

Salt and Pepper Shrimp

I have not been able to post as much lately, as much as I want to. Things are getting crazy out there!

Okay now, I was hungry, I need a quick fix of quick food, and all I have in the fridge are jumbo shrimp and chicken? Now, what am I going to do with that? Salt and pepper shrimp!

The salt and spiciness drives the spike out of this recipe. It was just too good, my mouth waters as I type along the ingredients for this recipe. 


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil (or your oil of choice)
1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
3 cloves garlic, minced
scallions, sliced to garnish
1/2 lb chicken meat, cut into cubes

DIRECTIONS:


1. Mix the salt and pepper mixture with the honey and set aside until required. (Grind the salt, black pepper and Szechuan peppercorns in mortar and pestle)

2. Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

3. Heat oil in a preheated skillet. Add the chicken, chili, ginger root and garlic, stir fry for 5 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.

4. Add the salt and pepper mixture to the skillet, stir-fry for additional 1 minute.

5. Serve warm and garnish with scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings