Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bistek - Steak, Philippine Style

Bistek
This recipe is one of my childhood favorites. I am glad that I thought of making this because I didn't know how much I missed eating Bistek! You should try it, too. It is an easy recipe, and cooks in less than 30 minutes.

I prepared this tonight because I wanted to just re-heat it for tomorrow, I guess somebody just couldn't wait for tomorrow to come because it's almost halved now. Tsk.

The marinating time takes longer though. BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT! It's also low carb by the way.

INGREDIENTS:

3 Pcs bone-in pork chops, cut into 1-2 oz a piece
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Tsp ground pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup thinly sliced onion rings
1/2 Cup water

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a plastic container, marinate the meat with soy sauce, pepper and lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

2. Cook onion rings until they are transparent. Set aside in a separate dish.

3. Add the meat in the skillet and cook in high heat. Cook until tender and stir constantly. Set aside in a serving dish.

4. Add the marinade and water to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over the meat and onion rings.

SERVES 4.


This recipe has been adapted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings