Thursday, November 8, 2012

Low Carb - Chili



Low Carb Chili


*UPDATE: I replaced the picture posted here guys, this one looks more like it.

Ever since I got to taste the chili, I found myself craving for it more and more. Like say, every week. I REALLY LOVE IT! The only beef I have with it is the beans. Since I am following a low carb lifestyle, I looked over the internet for some good substitute for beans. I found one that suggested to use celery stalks. Well, I tried it and it was very good! I don't even miss the beans in it. It was cooked to that spiciness that I like, and it's low carb. PLUS factor? It was raining and cold outside. Good to eat it facing the window. Ahhh...just pure heaven.

Oh, please don't mind the picture...that's the only 'better' looking shot that came out. BUT I bet the taste isn't just better, it's VERY GOOD.


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb ground meat (I used turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion
6oz can tomato paste
1/2 Tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp vinegar
1 bay leaf
2 1/2 Cups water

DIRECTIONS:

You can cook this either way. Crock-pot or stove-top.

1. In a large skillet, cook ground meat with the onion. Add the rest of the ingredients and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Stir occasionally for 1 hour.

2. Add the remaining water and simmer for 2 hours more. Discard the bay leaf.

For crock-pot, cook ground meat with the onion, add the rest of the ingredients inside the crock-pot and cook on low for 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings