Friday, November 9, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Crusted Jalapeño Poppers

Bacon Wrapped Crusted Jalapeño Poppers

Okay, so I suddenly had this urge to eat something really spicy, and I was eying the jalapenos at the counter top which I had for days...I have read about jalapeno poppers and they said that it's quite good so I decided to make a go for it, and...TA DAHHH! It was sooo good that I made a second batch the next day, only the I didn't make it with crust and I prefer it that way. Either way is good but I liked the one without the crust better. I didn't know it was that heavenly, I should have tried it sooner!

INGREDIENTS:

8 Pcs Jalapeño, cut lengthwise, seeded and stemmed (use plastic gloves for you hands and don't rub your eyes!)
1/2 Cup cream cheese
1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (you can use cheese of your choice here)
1/2 Cup Southern Homestyle - Gluten Free Corn Flake Crumbs
4 Pcs turkey bacon (you can use bacon of choice here)
Oil spray (I used olive oil)
1 pc large egg, beaten
salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven @ 350*

2. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly the cream cheese, and mozzarella.In another bowl put in the egg. And in another bowl, pour in the corn flakes or crumbs.

3. Spoon cheese mixture and stuff inside the jalapeño's.

4. Wrap each jalapeño with bacon, dip in the egg mixture, and then coat it with the corn flakes or crumbs. Place in a foil-covered baking dish. Spray with olive-oil and bake for 30 minutes.

Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings