Monday, September 3, 2012

Parslied Potatoes

Parslied Potatoes









Ah! The heavenly partner of my Grilled Pepper Pork Steak. This one turned out too good that what I expected. You see, I am not a big fan of potatoes. I am a rice eater. Growing up in the Philippines, that is something hard to take away from my system. But this, anytime baby!

This recipe is from Easy EVERYDAY COOKING. I wanted to try it together with the grilled  pepper pork steak that I made earlier. And I wasn't disappointed.

VARIATION:

Replace the fresh parsley with basil leaves and add 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes for an Italian twist.

INGREDIENTS:
6 Pcs  medium red potatoes, scrubbed
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Medium onion chopped
1 Small clove garlic, crushed
1 Cup chicken broth
1 Cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
1/2 Tsp Pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Peel a  strip of skin from around the middle of each potato; place potatoes in cold water. Set aside.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth and 3/4 cup parsley; mix well. Bring to a boil.

Place potatoes in a single layer in skillet. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Remove potatoes with a spoon to serving bowl. Add pepper to skillet; stir. Pour sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings