Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Low Carb Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan



Pardon me for not being able to deliver a VERY good looking picture. But I can assure you that all of the recipes I cooked came from my heart and delivered with the best of my ability. *drama mode on.

Anyway, this recipe, I found it in Living Low Carb...One day at a time's blog. I find her recipes easy to follow and healthier too!

I am glad that I made this one, it turned out perfectly good.

So here goes the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

For breading:

1 Cup Italian dry bread crumbs
3 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 Cup Marinara Sauce
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 tbsp heavy cream


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven at 350F.

2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium heat.

3. Mix together 1 egg and tbsp of heavy cream to use as dredge.

4. Use meat mallet to pound out the chicken breast until they are 1/2 - 3/4" thick.

5. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in the egg and cream mixture to coat each side and place the chicken in the breading mixture and cover completely.

6. Place the coated chicken in the heated skillet and pan-sear for 2-3 minutes in butter. Place chicken in oven dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Once cooked through. Spoon marinara sauce over the chicken and sprinkle cheese on top. Place back in oven until cheese melts.

What I did with this was that after everything was cooked through, I cut them in half to make four servings. I wanted it to last for a few more meals, but sadly it didn't follow through. They were consumed before I can say, PACK!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings