Saturday, September 22, 2012

Low Carb Chicken Meatballs with Broccoli

Chicken Meatballs with Broccoli
Okay, never mind the smoothie on the plate. That makes everything else definitely NOT a low carb thing. BUT since I made it that day, I just added that to the plate so it won't look too lonely. Anyway,


enough of the nonsense blabbering. I was looking at Living Low Carb... One Day at A Time's blog and inspired me to do a slight variation to her Low Carb Turkey Meatball Stroganoff with Broccoli.

Here are the steps taken for me to do the recipe.


I make my job easier by preparing everything. This makes me go along like a breeze.

For the INGREDIENTS:

1 Lb Ground Chicken 
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Large Egg
1 Pk 10 oz Frozen Broccoli Florets

For the SAUCE:

1 Can Hunts tomato sauce
1 Tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp Carnation evaporated milk
1/4 Cup water
1 Tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp mozzarella cheese


COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. For the sauce; heat a 10" skillet and add all the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and set aside.

2. For the frozen broccoli, just follow the instructions on how to cook it.

3. For the meatballs;

Preheat oven at 400F


Mix all the powdered ingredients.


Once mixed, add it to the chicken meat and mash it until completely mixed.



Add the egg and mix altogether.



Once completely mixed, shape into balls and place in a single layer in a baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes and drain the liquid. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and return to oven for another 15 minutes.



Yes, one meatball is missing. It is gone before it hits the table. AND it is that good that my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I am hungry and it's 12:54 am.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings