Friday, September 28, 2012

Homemade Marinara Sauce

Marinara Sauce

I decided to do something about having too much tomatoes inside the house, hence, the recipe...and it was sooo good I am going to make it again some time soon.

This Marinara Sauce Recipe was taken from FormerChef.Com.

                 


For the INGREDIENTS:

2 Yellow onions, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp Olive oil
5-6 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp dried herbs - basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme mixed (I used all spice)
1/2 Cup red wine (optional) - I am not a consumer but we do have a red wine inside the fridge and I used it
12 Cups peeled and seeded fresh ripe tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste.



Heat Olive oil and add onions. Cook slowly until the onion has caramelized.



Add garlic and dried herbs and cook for 5 minutes.



Mix thoroughly.



De-glaze pan with the red wine and cook for 2 minutes more.


My tomatoes are not peeled and seeded.
  
Add the tomatoes and their juice and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook low, stirring occasionally for at least two hours, depending on the water content of the tomatoes. 

The sauce should be thick with much of the water evaporated to concentrate the flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I refrigerated the marinara sauce for a day and it came out better than the day it was cooked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings