Monday, September 3, 2012

Aussie Egg Mess










 

This is one recipe that I have seen and heard about. I got curiouser and curiouser so I opted to try it for my family. I don't have to tell you that it is great for breakfast, do I?

INGREDIENTS:

6 eggs (You can use egg whites)
1/2 Cup milk (I used skim)
1/2 Cup onion, chopped
1 Tsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Low-fat butter
1 Cup green bell pepper
1 medium ripe tomato, diced
2 Pcs thick bacon, diced
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the skillet. Crack the eggs and add the milk and beat it lightly. When done, put butter in skillet and add onion and garlic when it is melted. Cook and stir until onion is transparent. Add bacon, cook for 2 minutes. Remove and place veggies and bacon mix to a bowl.

Cook the scrambled eggs from the same skillet, cook until it looks like a soft pancake and add the veggie-bacon mixture to the egg, gently stir the egg from top to center and mix, season with salt and pepper, add the cheese. Do not cook the egg until it looks too dry. 

Serve hot.

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings