Monday, December 24, 2012

Chicken Potato Marinara

Chicken Potato Marinara
Wow, tonight is Christmas Eve already, and here I am still trying to keep up with my back log on posts that I missed to post.

I still wonder what I will contributing to cook later. I haven't made up my mind yet. Oh well, might as well post something while waiting for my other companions to arrive and help me get things rolling.

Enjoy this chicken potato marinara that I made. It was very delicious and aromatic.

You can still go low carb with this one, just omit the potatoes! I had to use some so my son can eat some carbs.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb chicken drumstick (or any chicken part of your choice)
4 pcs large red potatoes, quartered and peeled (optional)
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup homemade marinara sauce (you can make the marinara without the meat from my recipe)
salt and pepper
bay seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

In a preheated skillet, pour oil, then add garlic, onion. Cook until garlic is browned and onions, transparent.

Add the chicken, cook covered until chicken are cooked. Season with bay seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes more.  Add water, bring to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until fork tender.

Add the marinara sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the green peas.

Cook for 10 minutes more or until the chicken are cooked through.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings