Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hot & Spicy Pork Sausage


Hot & Spicy Pork Sausage Crunch

Today, I decided to cook in advance for my meals for the week. Since I am now working, I barely have time to prepare  for meals after I get home, so hence, this preparation. Besides, eating from the cafeteria everyday is expensive.

I also decided that I have to get back in my 'healthy' regimen. Ever since I got working, I have been eating a lot of junk or food that has it. Getting back on track here.



INGREDIENTS:

Pork Sausage: Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com

1 lb ground pork
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
3 cloves minced garlic
salt to taste

Other ingredients:

1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pc bell pepper, chopped
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

Pork sausage:

Mix together everything in a bowl, using your hands. Set aside.

1. In a heated skillet, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and then the pork sausage. Cook until it is no longer pink.


2. Add 1 cup of water, bring to a rapid boil, lower heat and cover. Cook until the oil will fry the meat itself. When water is almost gone, add the shredded carrots and cook, stir constantly.

Adding the carrots at this almost last minute and cooking it for a few minutes, retains its crunchiness. You can serve this in portions as a meal in itself, or served with steamed broccoli.

Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings