Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sweet and Sour Pork

Sweet and Sour Pork

My, my, it has been a while since I posted anything here. I barely have time to cook any decent meal. If I do, they're usually a repeat of what I already have here. My mind is just too lazy nowadays to even 'think' of what to cook. I am busily adjusting to the "Working Lifestyle".

Okay, so blabber aside. This is another first for me. My first sweet and sour pork. I usually cook fish in this kind of recipe, and this time I had to substitute or remove some ingredients for healthier reasons.


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb lean pork meat, cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper, cubed
1 reb bell pepper, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup white  vinegar
1/2 cup honey (or any honey substitute of your choice)
1 tsp ginger, finely cut into strips
 1 cup tomatoes, chopped


DIRECTIONS:

*Optional - To add more flavor to your meat, and if you have more time before cooking. Marinate the meat in 3 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp of lemon for 3 hours.

In a heated skillet, pour oil, add garlic, then onion, then ginger. Add meat and cook until browned. Add the vinegar, and honey. Bring to boil.

Add the bell peppers, and tomatoes. Cook covered for 10-15 more minutes. Depending on how thick you want the gravy to be, you can add a little water to it if you want it a little watery. Season to taste.

Serve hot.



3 comments:

  1. what happened to the vinegar and honey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried a small tin of pineapple slices together with the juice instead of the honey.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Dose of Cravings