Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sloppy sloppy joes

Sloppy sloppy joes

When I first heard about sloppy joes, and I have seen different variations, I wanted to try it but kept putting it up since I get too tired when I get home. There's the slow cooker version, but I tried this fastest first just to get a glimpse and taste of what it's like.

So here goes my version. I hope you like it as we did.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb ground beef/chuck (you can use any meat of your choice)
1/8 cup dried cilantro
salt and pepper
1 cup onion chopped
1/4 tsp coriander seeds
2 cups Napa Valley cabbage
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Mexican chili powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil


DIRECTIONS:

1. In a skillet, add coriander seeds, heat them up over medium heat. When they are browned, set aside.

2. In the same skillet, add the olive oil, then add the garlic, and the onion. When garlic has browned a little and onions have turned transparent, add the ground meat and crumble in the skillet. Saute for a few minutes and then add the cabbage.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except tomatoes, bell pepper, and Worcestershire sauce) one at a time and mix thoroughly before adding the next one. Add salt and pepper, season to taste. Cook until meat is tender and the vegetables are cooked thoroughly.



Recipe adapted from: fluffychixcook.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Dose of Cravings